What Kinds of Information Do We Collect?
In order to provide our Services, we collect information. Some information you provide directly to us, some we collect automatically through our Services, and some is collected from third parties. In this Notice, “Personal Data” refers to data that could be used, alone or in combination with other data, to identify you as an individual.
We collect information you provide to us. For example, we collect information when you purchase a product or service, create an account, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer service, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of Personal Data you may provide includes:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers and associated identifiers, billing address, and bank account information); and
- Personal information (All type of informations needed for processing our services)
We may also collect other information from or about you, such as information about what products you purchased, your interests, demographic information, photographs and videos, and biometric data such as fingerprints or voice prints. You may also provide us with additional data. For example, when you use our identity theft protection services, you will have the option to provide your social media log-in information so that we can monitor your social media accounts.
We automatically collect information about your interactions with the Services as well as devices on which the Services are installed. In some cases, we automatically collect information about other devices connected to the same network as the device on which the Services are installed.
For example, we may collect and use the following:
- Information about the products you looked at or searched for and the Services you used, including time spent and other statistical information.
- When you use our products to protect your mobile device, we collect geolocation data of the device on which the product is installed.
- Details about your internet, app, or network usage (including URLs or domain names of websites you visit, information about the applications installed on your device, or traffic data); and performance information, crash logs, and other aggregate or statistical information.
In order to provide you our Services, including to detect and evaluate malware and spam, we may scan, collect, and store data from your files, including emails, attachments, email addresses, metadata, and URLs and traffic data.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources and combine that information with the information we collect directly. Examples of information we may receive from other sources include: updated delivery or payment information used to correct our records; purchase or redemption information; and customer support and enrollment information. For our identity protection Consumer Products, we also may collect credit or identity information which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We work with third-party advertising companies to display or deliver ads to you while you are on our Site or using some Services. These third-party advertisers may collect data about your interaction with the Site or Services or others’ sites or services to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content.
We may use Personal Data for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Data or with your consent.
Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
Generally, we disclose the information we collect to provide the Services, to communicate with you, to advertise or promote our Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a customer or business partner to comply with applicable laws;
- In connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Data is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use or disclose such Personal Data consistent with this Notice or gains your consent for other uses or disclosures);
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts); and
How Do We Protect Your Data?
We use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Data we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain data confidentiality, integrity, and an appropriate level of availability.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Data?
Individual Rights in Personal Data
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
(i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your Personal Data;
(ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Data;
(iii) receive a portable copy of your Personal Data, or ask us to send that information to another organization (the “right of data portability”);
(iv) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed Personal Data;
(v) restrict our processing of your Personal Data;
(vi) object to our processing of your Personal Data; and (vii) request erasure of Personal Data held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
How Long Will We Retain the Personal Data it Collects?
We will keep your Personal Data for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice, namely
(i) for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or
(ii) for as long as your Personal Data are necessary in connection with the lawful purposes set out in this Notice, for which we have a valid legal basis or
(iii) for as long as is reasonably necessary for business purposes related to provision of the Services, such as internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, warranties or to provide you with feedback or information you might request. Where required by law, we will delete your biometric data within three years of your last interaction with the Services.
In addition, if any relevant legal claims are brought, we may continue to process your Personal Data for such additional periods as are necessary in connection with that claim.
Once the abovementioned periods, each to the extent applicable, have concluded, we will either permanently delete, destroy, or de-identify the relevant Personal Data so that it can no longer reasonably be tied to you.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site and Services may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Angels. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with Angels.
If you object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, please tick the box indicating your objection to receiving direct marketing materials. Please email email@example.com